Monday, November 9, 2015

Insanity

It's been one of those days where the number of tasks seemed to outnumber the number of minutes in the day.  It felt like insanity....literally running from the moment that I stepped out of bed.  It never stopped throughout the day.
These are the kinds of days when...at the end of the day....I ask myself some questions:

  • is the pace that honors God?  or is this the pace that the world demands?
  • when life is so busy, and I want so much to do a "good" job at my job, where do I put God?
  • is life supposed to be like this?
  • do I know how to do life this fast?
I struggle to do the "right" thing.  I WANT to do what would be God honoring...with my job, with my students, with my relationships with my colleagues, with being a Mom and with being a partner to the man that I love.  And while I know that life is a balancing act, every day, I don't ever know how to gauge if I'm on the right track.

And...here's the hardest question of all....is this the Enemy's way of keeping me focused on my performance and what I am doing and keeping my eyes OFF of God's grace and focused on what HE can and will do?  And I forget to pray, I forget to feel, I forget to realize that here is ALL temporary.  

Even after journaling about this and talking it over with my "tall, dark, and handsome", I don't find any answers or any peace.  

Prayer:  Oh God, please help me!  I'm helpless, limited and desperate for Christ alone....I need you Jesus.  Bless me with the mind of Christ and the FAITH to trust you when my small brain is overwhelmed with all of these questions I have no answers for.  Please help....I need you...

No comments:

Post a Comment