Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Gratitude

God is good all the time, no matter how I feel, think, believe.

I struggle.  I'm limited in energy, time and intellectual capacity.  I don't know what to pray.  I stop praying.   There are even times that I give up.  But yet God is good.  He is faithful, always faithful, always gracious, always thinking of me.

I want to tell you God how grateful I am for all you are doing in my life every day, but the ONE thing that I want so much, you are either ignoring or delaying or both.  I'm not in control, but I want SO much to do something to help.  Aren't you listening to my heart?  Don't you care?  How much am I supposed to let go??  Let go of it ALL?  The whole dream??  Let go of talking of anything?

Maybe it's about being grateful for having the dream to begin with.  Maybe it's just being grateful for anything and everything that you DO give me, instead of focusing on the ONE thing that doesn't seem like it's a possibility.  I don't think it's about trust anymore.  I think it's about being content with where I am, believing that you'll take care of what I can't even touch.

Prayer:  Please Lord, cause me to be grateful for the every day stuff.  Help me to think it, say it and believe it.  I'm struggling to believe that you care about me and my dreams.   Help me to pray.  Help me to believe that you care.  My tears is all I taste lately.  I don't want to give up, but is that what it means to let go??  Give me YOUR faith, YOUR thinking, YOUR wisdom, YOUR dreams, because all my thinking just makes me sad.  Help me be grateful.  Give me the attitude of gratitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment