Saturday, October 24, 2015

Today's Takeaway

It's been the end of an absolutely lovely day.  Spending time laughing and loving my favorite people in the world is a gift from heaven!  I got a chance to hold hands with the man I love with my heart as we walked and talked about life....I saw both of my children laugh and hear them giggle.  I made homemade pizza and made time for a short nap to rest my mind.  All of these are such beautiful blessings.  God is SO good.  I have nothing to complain about.

So, is this this what grace is all about?  God keeps loving me, when I stay away from Him, or stop talking to Him?  He just keeps sending love in so many ways and forms that I can't help but think of him and thank Him for his love.  Scripture states in Psalm 59:16  "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble".

Life is made so complex by humans.  I don't think that God intends it to be that way.  In the moments of silence and quiet times with the ones that are held most dear, true life and love is found in the simple, in the quiet, in the whispers of life.  Not in the busy, or the complex.  Thank you Lord for the your constant gentle love and reminders as I walk through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment