Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Rain

The closer that we get to the holidays/Christmas the less it feels as though I can really enjoy the moments unless I am intentional about stopping to look, listen and feel as the moments continue to spill into my consciousness.  I guess it's all about choices.  Isn't it always?

In the same breath, I can also say that sometimes God "makes" the choices for you by allowing people or events happen in the course of the day to shock you or get your attention...to make you realize that although sometimes you DESPERATELY want to be in charge of your life and have some say in how it goes, you really don't.  The only choice you do have is what kind of attitude or perspective you hold on to during any given day.  Your emotions don't even get a vote.  They are just feelings.  YOU have them....no one else does.  And while others can try to understand and do their best to listen, no one really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment